Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ariadna Vazquez - BFA Photography















"To me the desert means home. A basic landscape of a desert scene is manipulated to spark interest beyond a simple glance. I am forging my way by using images and materials familiar to me and combining them to create an atmosphere of discomfort and uncertainty allowing me easier navigation through the real world. It is meant to inspire curiosity. I use images of the desert surrounding my hometown and juxtapose them with my new home as well as creating photomontages to create manufactured landscapes. There is no intention to create a convincing illusion but more of an inquisitive, unsettling interaction with each landscape. My aim with the BFA program is to nurture my artistic vision beyond what I can initially imagine." -Ariadna Vazquez

No comments:

Post a Comment